*self funders only
Purpose and aim of unit
The purpose of this unit is to enable learners to know, understand and analyse a range of factors which form the context of learning and development (L&D) practice. These factors include those internal and external to any given organisation which have an influence on L&D policy and practice. The unit develops understanding of and ability to identify and analyse the relevance and impact of specific factors within particular and varying contexts. Thus the unit explores a range of generic factors with potential relevance and then examines processes for analysing these in a range of contexts to identify and determine relevance and impact in any given context. Learners will then be able to position L&D policies and activities to support achievement of the strategic aims of organisations in a variety of contexts.
This unit is suitable for persons who:
- are working in or are seeking to develop a career in L&D.
- aim to extend their knowledge of different organisational contexts
- aim to develop their understanding of the role of L&D in the wider, organisational and environmental context.
On completion of this unit, learners will:
- Understand the nature of organising and managing in a variety of contexts.
- Be able to analyse the key factors influencing achievement of strategic objectives in varying organisation contexts and their impact on L&D policies and practice.
- Understand how to develop L&D policies and activities to respond to and exploit the limitations and opportunities arising from varying contextual factors.
To achieve this unit, the evidence the learner presents for assessment must demonstrate that they have met all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
The learner will:
The learner can:
|1. Understand the nature of organising and managing in a variety of contexts.||1.1 Explain the similarities and differences of different types of organisations.
1.2 Evaluate the implications of varying organisation types for L&D policy and practice.
|2. Be able to analyse the key factors influencing achievement of strategic objectives in varying organisation contexts and their impact on L&D policy and practice.
|2.1 Assess a range of internal and external factors that can influence the achievement of organisation objectives
2.2 Apply a range of analytical techniques to determine the relevance and impact of influencing factors in a variety of organisation contexts.
|3. Understand how to develop L&D policies and practice to respond to and exploit the limitations and opportunities arising from varying contextual factors.||3.1 Explain how the L&D function helps to achieve organisational objectives.
3.2 Discuss the process of developing L&D policy and practice.
3.3 Formulate L&D policies to respond to the impact of relevant influencing factors.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.