*self funders only
Purpose and aim of unit
The purpose of this unit is to develop the learners’ understanding of both coaching and mentoring and of the potential value of both practices within organisations. The unit will also provide opportunities for the learners to enhance their coaching and mentoring skills. The unit begins by exploring and differentiating between the concepts of coaching and mentoring. The benefits for different stakeholders including the coach/coachee and mentor/mentee will be explored. The unit goes on to look at different models of implementing coaching and mentoring in organisations, the role of line managers in both the practices and the factors that all need to consider before implementation. The unit provides the learners with guidance on how they can support the implementation of coaching and mentoring activity in organisations.
This unit is suitable for persons who:
- are working in or are seeking to develop a career in L&D
- aim to further their understanding of coaching and mentoring and related concepts
- aim to develop their ability to introduce coaching and mentoring into an organisation and contribute to the development of a coaching and mentoring culture.
On successful completion of this unit, learners will:
- Understand the nature, purpose and benefits of coaching and mentoring in organisations.
- Understand the different ways coaching and mentoring can be implemented in organisations.
- Be able to support the implementation of coaching and/or mentoring programmes within an organisation.
To achieve this unit, the evidence the learner presents for assessment must demonstrate that they have met all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
The learner will:
The learner can:
|1 Understand the nature, purpose and benefits of coaching and mentoring in organisations.
|1.1 Differentiate between the concepts of coaching and mentoring.
1.2 Assess the benefits of coaching and mentoring for different stakeholders in organisations.
|2 Understand the different ways coaching and mentoring can be implemented in organisations
|2.1 Assess the different types of coaching and mentoring that can be implemented within organisations.
2.2 Evaluate the role of line managers within coaching and mentoring.
|3 Be able to support the implementation of coaching and/or mentoring programmes within an organisation.
|3.1 Assess the factors which need to be considered when implementing coaching and mentoring in organisations.
3.2 Make justified recommendations for how coaching and mentoring activities could be developed and implemented.
3.3 Contribute to the development of coaching and mentoring in an organisational context.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.