CIPD Foundation Award in Learning & Development
Gaining New Knowledge and Skills to Succeed
“Get ahead in your Human Resources career – boost your knowledge and skills”
CIPD Foundation Award in L&D Essentials
Watson Martin (WM) is a leading provider of HR & L&D qualifications. We offer a range of CIPD programmes delivered by highly qualified practitioners with an unrivalled level of strategic experience and professionalism in HR.
A CIPD Foundation qualification in HR Practice is aimed at existing and those just starting a career
in HR and will help you understand how to become an effective HR practitioner.
We have supported candidates through to successful completion at all levels of CIPD qualification since 2004. In addition, we have extensive experience in guiding candidates through various study options as well as advising on CIPD membership upgrade and providing HR consultancy services.
We consistently achieve the highest CIPD Quality Assurance rating and are one of only very few CIPD centres approved to offer competency based assessment (mixed mode) qualifications.
“The level 3 qualification, is the academic equivalent of an A level and makes an ideal first professional qualification.”
This qualification is ideal if you:
- are starting out in an L&D or working in an L&D support role
- want to improve your understanding of how L&D contributes to business success
- are interested in CIPD to enhance and maintain your professional practice
- aspire to become a professional member of the CIPD as an Associate Member.
Flexibility and Control of Your Learning
“High quality learning at your pace, anywhere, anytime with ongoing support from a personal adviser”
Choosing the right qualification can be a bit daunting but we are here to help you select the correct path. Our expert advisers know everything there is to know about CIPD qualifications and can help every step of the way.
We work hard to ensure candidates are matched to the correct qualification and then work with you to help achieve your ultimate goal.
To support your learning, you will have 24/7 access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), a comprehensive online library of quality reference materials. Created, curated and managed by experienced HR practitioners, it provides a single robust, secure and integrated platform to access a personalised learning experience.
My experience of Watson Martin Partnership is extremely positive. It is a very professional organisation and I received a high level of service. Communication is excellent and whenever I had a query or needed more information I had someone who could help me.”
“As soon as I started speaking to my personal adviser I realised that she knew her stuff like the back of her hand and this gave me confidence. We arranged our Skype calls every three to four weeks before an assignment when I would be squirrelling down notes but there was also communication through email when she would always respond quickly. She was totally supportive.”
Choose Your Level 3 Award Modules
CIPD FOUNDATION AWARD IN LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
You are able to undertake a Foundation Award in L&D by taking one or more units, totalling 3-12 credits.
1. Becoming an Effective L&D Practitioner (3BEP) – the knowledge, skills and behaviours to be effective in a L&D role and the importance of continuous professional development
2. Learning and Development and the Organisation (3LDO) – the nature of the L&D function and how it supports the achievement of organisational objectives
3. Identifying Learning and Development Needs (3LDN) – how L&D needs arise and why it is important to be aware of them
4. Designing Learning and Development Activities (3DES) – the way that an inclusive L&D activity can be designed to address identified objectives
5. Delivering Learning and Development Activities (3DEL) – equips you with the knowledge and opportunity to prepare and deliver L&D activities
6. Evaluating Learning and Development Activities (3ELD) – how to identify, collect and analyse information required to evaluate an L&D activity
7. Using Technology to Facilitate Learning (3TFL) – the skills to be able to deliver an online session with engaging digital content
8. Enhancing Learner Engagement (3ELE) – the factors affecting learner engagement and how the latest research informs strategies to engage learners
9. Supporting Collective and Social Learning (3SCL) – how to facilitate collective learning and social media to harness organisation and individual learning
10. Supporting Individual Learning through Coaching and Mentoring (3LCM) – the factors affecting learner engagement and how the latest research informs strategies to engage learners
11. Accessing Learning and Development (3ASL) – equips you with the skills to be able to make a reliable, valid and fair assessment
12. Organising Learning and Development Events (3LDE) – helps you understand how to promote and co-ordinate learning events
Proven and Personalised Study Routes
Programme duration: 2 months
We offer an online delivery method for all our Awards, which is perfect for those who prefer to learn at their own pace from home, an office or even on the move while commuting. Our Virtual learning Environment (VLE) can be accessed at any time, and gives you a wide range of learning materials You will also have one to one sessions with your personal adviser over Skype or phone during the working week to provide extra support and help you with your unit and assignment.
Price: £350 + £42* + VAT
Note: The price above is for each unit.
* WM CIPD Registration. You will also be required to pay for CIPD student membership (contact CIPD for current pricing information).
A Typical Candidate Journey: Online Programme
A CIPD resources webinar
2 ONE-TO-ONE SESSIONS
Live sessions with your adviser via Skype or Zoom
1 PIECE OF WRITTEN WORK
You will submit written work that are assessed by our experts and verified by CIPD external verifiers
24/7 VLE ACCESS
To support your learning, you will have access to our comprehensive online library of quality reference materials
Typical Candidate Journey
CIPD live resources webinar
Guided reading, access to the VLE throughout your programme duration
Feedback from your personal adviser
Live meeting with your personal adviser
Draft submission and assessment
Final submission and assessment
CIPD will now send your Award
If you have any questions Call 020 7932 2760 to speak to one of our friendly advisers.
Need to Speak to Someone
CALL 020 7932 2760 to speak to one of our friendly advisers, or to make a quick enquiry call us now.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form below. Office hours applies.
We promise never to share your information or spam you. You can opt out at any time.