Get half way to being fully CIPD qualified with an Advanced Certificate in HRD
Do you want to advance your L&D career but are not quite ready to commit to a Diploma Level 7 course? Then the CIPD Advanced Certificate in Human Resource Development may be the perfect training programme to equip you with the skills and knowledge to prepare you for new leadership roles. This prestigious Masters equivalent CIPD qualification will help you to develop the strategies to improve your organisation and inspire your workforce. Learn from the very best in the business online or at specialist L&D workshops. Either way, you will be supported by a personal adviser throughout your training programme. And with four less modules than the Advanced Diploma and no exams to complete, an Advanced Certificate may be the ideal qualification to boost your career quickly!
Duration: 9-12 months
*self funders only
This qualification provides a broad range of relevant and practical knowledge and skills, alongside the opportunity to specialise in your chosen area of expertise. Using critical analysis, self-reflection and problem solving techniques, you will learn how to develop and implement creative and strategic L&D solutions that drive organisational performance. You will also be able to develop your understanding of organisations and the external context within which L&D operates.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is suitable for experienced L&D practitioners who have responsibility for developing the strategy and decision making within an organisation. It is particularly relevant for individuals who are:
- interested in fulfilling part of the requirements for CIPD Chartered membership
- seeking to enhance and develop their career
- responsible for or contributing to L&D decision making at an operational or strategic level
- an L&D professional in a team and have a responsibility for HRD
- responsible for the L&D function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- working as an independent or employed L&D consultant
Candidates wanting to complete an Advanced Certificate can choose any four modules, providing they form a coherent programme within HRD. You can also study any single module as an Award which can then be built upon to achieve a Certificate or Diploma
How is This Course Delivered?
We specialise in flexible learning solutions that are tailored to your needs. The combination of elements can include workbooks, assignments, self-study, guided learning and evidence collation. You can select from three main delivery options:
- Workshops (active learning) – for candidates who prefer to participate in planned interactive sessions and have exposure to other learners and their organisation’s practices. The workshops provide an ideal learning environment in which expert trainers present and facilitate practical activities, group discussions and networking. Workshops are scheduled on a regular basis.
- Bespoke – for candidates who prefer to have a personalised programme, combining 1-to-1 meetings, directed learning and developmental exercises with minimal time away from work.
- Distance learning – for candidates who prefer to work mainly by themselves with supported learning materials, using our Virtual Learning Environment, allowing individuals to work at own pace with maximum flexibility.
One to one contact:
All programmes include regular telephone conversations, e-mail exchanges and/or meetings with a personal adviser who is allocated at the start of your programme. These sessions are used to review your submissions, monitor progress, discuss and review work based activities that demonstrate understanding, provide focused individual feedback on your work and to plan your next modules
How is This Course Assessed?
These are not traditionally taught qualifications but focus heavily on specific personal or organisational objectives rather than solely academic theory. Most modules are assessed by reviewing written work based narrative, supported by evidence. Evidence takes many forms and is assessed by Watson Martin Partnership experts and verified by CIPD external verifiers before awarding the qualification. For the Diploma, you will be asked to complete a research project, which can be submitted in your company’s style with supporting narrative in the module template. Two core modules (compulsory for the Diploma) are assessed via a 3 hour written exam, set and marked by the CIPD.
Our success rate and quality standards are second to none. We consistently outperform the national average exam pass rates and achieve outstanding quality assurance ratings from the CIPD and we believe this is because we have developed a unique and rigorous process which begins with a diagnostic consultation as the starting point to any learning engagement. We work hard to ensure candidates are mapped to the correct qualification and then work with them every step of the way to help them achieve the highest possible pass rate.
Where Do I Find More Information?
In order to find out more about this unit and/or units that make up the Level 7 Advanced qualification please contact one of our friendly advisers on 020 7932 2760.