CIPD Intermediate Award – Organisation Design: Implications for HR
*self funders only
Purpose and aim of unit
Ensuring that an organisation is appropriately designed to deliver organisation objectives in the short and long term is critical to sustainable organisation performance. Driven by organisation business strategy and operating context, organisation design is a conscious process of shaping and aligning the various organisational components: structure, size, systems, processes, people, performance measures, culture and communication. This unit explores, through a review of theories and models, the elements that contribute to organisation design and the development of organisation insight crucial to building agile and adaptable organisations, with healthy cultures that are essential to meet current and future challenges.
This unit is suitable for persons who:
• seek to develop a career in human resources management and development
• are working in the field of human resource management and development and need to extend their knowledge and skills
• have responsibility for implementing human resources policies and strategies
• need to understand the role of human resources in the wider organisational and environmental contexts.
On completion of this unit, learners will be able to:
- Understand the historical and theoretical basis of organisation design and the relationship between organisational elements and the business strategy.
- Understand the key factors to be considered in the design of organisations and the implications for the management and development of people and resources.
The learner will:
The learner can:
|1. Understand the historical and theoretical basis of organisation design and the relationship between organisational elements and the business strategy.||11.1 Examine the historical and theoretical basis of organisation design.
1.2 Explain the relationships between organisational elements and the business strategy.
|2 Understand the key factors to be considered in the design of organisations and the implications for the management and development of people and resources.||2.1 Analyse the key factors that influence organisation design.
2.2 Assess the implications of organisation
design for work processes, productivity, and the workforce.
2.3 Evaluate the linkages between organisation design and people management and development strategies.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.