*self funders only
Purpose and aim of unit
This unit develops the learner’s understanding of the important contribution that accurate data, whether stored manually or electronically, can make to the human resources (HR) or learning and development (L&D) function. The unit is intended to span the remit of data management for all areas including but not limited to HR planning, recruitment and selection, performance and reward management, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedures and electronic record management for L&D. It covers the legal implications of collecting, storing and using personnel data and will enable the learner to record data and information and to interpret, analyse and present information clearly and accurately in an appropriate format in support of decision-making to meet organisation-wide objectives and support L&D solutions for individuals and groups within the organisation.
This unit is suitable for persons who:
- are aspiring to, or embarking on, a career in HR/L&D
- are working in the field of HR/L&D in a support role and wish to develop their knowledge and skills
- have responsibility for HR/L&D activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist function
- are involved in maintaining the integrity and security of data and information systems
- access and interpret data in support of business decision-making.
On completion of this unit, learners will:
- Understand what data needs to be collected to support HR practices.
- Know how HR data should be recorded, managed and stored.
- Be able to analyse HR information and present findings to inform decision-making.
How is This Course Assessed?
These are not traditionally taught qualifications but focus more on specific personal or organisational objectives rather than solely academic theory. Units are assessed by reviewing written work based narrative, supported by evidence. Evidence takes many forms and is compiled in a portfolio that is assessed by Watson Martin experts and verified by CIPD external verifiers before awarding the qualification. There are no exams or research projects at this level.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.