*self funders only
Purpose and aim of unit
The CIPD has developed a map of the HR profession (HRPM) that describes the knowledge, skills and behaviours required by human resources (HR) and learning and development (L&D) professionals. This unit is designed to enable the learner to develop a sound understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required of a professional practitioner, whether their role is generalist in nature or specialist, for example L&D. It will enable learners to develop a personal development plan, following a self-assessment of learning and development needs, that meets their personal and professional requirements.
This unit is suitable for persons who:
- are aspiring to, or embarking on, a career in HR/L&D
- are working in the field of HR/L&D in a support role and wish to develop their knowledge and skills
- have responsibility for HR/L&D activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist function
- are employees or independent consultants within the field of HR/L&D
- engage in CPD to enhance and maintain their professional practice and membership.
On completion of this unit, learners will:
- Understand the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be an effective HR or L&D practitioner.
- Know how to deliver timely and effective HR services to meet users’ needs.
- Be able to reflect on own practice and development needs and maintain a plan for personal development.
How is This Course Assessed?
These are not traditionally taught qualifications but focus more on specific personal or organisational objectives rather than solely academic theory. Units are assessed by reviewing written work based narrative, supported by evidence. Evidence takes many forms and is compiled in a portfolio that is assessed by Watson Martin experts and verified by CIPD external verifiers before awarding the qualification. There are no exams or research projects at this level.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.