CIPD Foundation Award – Contributing to the process of job analysis (3CJA)
*self funders only
Purpose and aim of unit
The overall focus of this unit is to develop the learner’s understanding of the principles and practice of job analysis and job design. The unit content is designed as an introduction to the knowledge and skills required in the use of a number of methods of conducting job analysis. Specifically, the unit will enable the learner to articulate the purpose of disaggregating jobs into component parts, that is, job analysis, to provide the foundation for a number of broader human resources (HR) practices. In particular, the unit focuses on the principles of job design and the use of job analysis data in the practice of job design. It is also designed to cover additional ways job analysis is used, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, job evaluation and equal pay. Learners will develop a better understanding of how job analysis and design fits within the broader professional area of organisation design.
This unit is suitable for persons who:
- are aspiring to, or embarking on, a career in HR/L&D
- are working in the field of HR/L&D in a support role and wish to develop their knowledge and skills
- have responsibility for HR/L&D activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist function
- are involved in activities related to job analysis, for example recruitment and selection, job evaluation, work/organisation design.
On completion of this unit, learners will:
- Be able to explain the principles, purposes and practice of job analysis.
- Be able to contribute to the process of job analysis.
How is This Course Assessed?
These are not traditionally taught qualifications but focus more on specific personal or organisational objectives rather than solely academic theory. Units are assessed by reviewing written work based narrative, supported by evidence. Evidence takes many forms and is compiled in a portfolio that is assessed by Watson Martin experts and verified by CIPD external verifiers before awarding the qualification. There are no exams or research projects at this level.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.