CIPD Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Development
Gaining New Knowledge and Skills to Succeed
“Develop and implement creative and strategic HR solutions that drive organisational performance.”
CIPD Advanced Diploma in HRM and HRD
Watson Martin (WM) is a leading provider of HR & L&D qualifications. We offer a range of CIPD programmes delivered by highly qualified practitioners with an unrivalled level of strategic experience and professionalism in HR.
The Advanced qualifications are the highest level of CIPD HR or L&D qualification and can lead to Chartered Membership or Chartered Fellow. As part of the Regulated Qualifications
Framework (RQF) they are equivalent to a post graduate level qualification.
We have supported candidates through to successful completion at all levels of CIPD qualification since 2004. In addition, we have extensive experience in guiding candidates through various study options as well as advising on CIPD membership upgrade and providing HR consultancy services.
We consistently achieve the highest CIPD Quality Assurance rating and are one of only very few CIPD centres approved to offer competency based assessment (mixed mode) qualifications.
“WM is the only centre offering all Advanced modules so candidates can choose their route whereas other centres offer dictated routes only.”
This qualification is ideal if you:
- have the responsibility for implementing HR strategy and developing policy
- are an HR professional in a team and have responsibility for HR development
- work as an independent or employed HRM consultant, supporting organisations in meeting their goals
- wish to enhance and develop your career at a strategic level
- aspire to become a Chartered member of the CIPD.
Flexibility and Control of Your Learning
“Develop and implement creative and strategic HR solutions that drive organisational performance.”
Choosing the right qualification can be a bit daunting but we are here to help candidates select the correct path. Our expert advisers know everything there is to know about CIPD qualifications and can help every step of the way.
We work hard to ensure candidates are matched to the correct qualification and then work with them to help achieve the highest possible pass rate.
To support your learning, you will have 24/7 access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), a comprehensive online library of quality reference materials. Created, curated and managed by experienced HR practitioners, it provides a single robust, secure and integrated platform to access a personalised learning experience.
“The entire process is very structured and I was well informed on the content of the course. The advisers/trainers were very helpful and keen to ensure I was enrolled on a course that was suitable for me. 10/10 service.”
Corinne Bowry, via Coursecheck
“My adviser was fantastic, she supported me throughout, happy to answer questions I had and also went through in great detail assignment specifications and suggested areas of study. I haven’t studied for over 20 years so this was quite a challenge for me, but with her help and course content I am now CIPD qualified and have increased my knowledge base and working methods no end – thank you.”
Caroline Grant, via Coursecheck
Proven and Personalised Study Routes
Programme duration: 24 months
We appreciate that some of our candidates prefer to learn at their own pace from home, an office or even while on the move commuting. If this is you, then our online programme will meet your learning needs.
The beauty of this delivery model is you can study anywhere at anytime via accessing the wide range of learning materials on the VLE, ideal if you want to save on travel expenses and minimise your time out of the workplace. As well as the VLE access, during your programme you will schedule regular one-to-one sessions, in working hours, with your adviser to work on your assignments. If you select an exam module, you will be invited to attend 2 central London workshops.
Click on the Online Route below to view a typical candidate journey.
Price: £5950 + £72* + VAT
Up to 12 Months Interest Free Plan
Deposit: £681.40 and
Instalments: 11 x £595
(available to self funders only)
* WM CIPD Registration. You will also be required to pay for CIPD student membership (contact CIPD for current pricing information).
A Typical Candidate Journey: Online Programme
10 ONE-TO-ONE SESSIONS
These can be face-to-face with your adviser (location dependent) or via Skype or phone and are during the working week
6 PIECES OF WRITTEN WORK
You will submit 6 pieces of written work that are assessed by our experts and verified by CIPD external verifiers
2 WRITTEN EXAM
This can be discussed directly with your adviser during your one-to-one sessions
4 EXAM BASED WORKSHOPS
The exam based workshops take place in Central London
24/7 VLE ACCESS
To support your learning, you will have access to our comprehensive online library of quality reference materials
Typical Candidate Journey
Live group online induction with an expert tutor
Guided reading, access to the VLE throughout your programme duration
Feedback from your personal adviser
Exam Based Workshops
Live meeting with your personal adviser
Draft submission and assessment
Final submission and assessment
This process is repeated for all modules
CIPD will now send your Diploma
If you have any questions Call 020 7932 2760 to speak to one of our friendly advisers.
Choice and Flexibility – Your Modules
For an Advanced Diploma you need to complete 8 modules; 4 core plus 4 optional modules. To achieve your Diploma in HRM at least 3 modules must be selected from 5-12 below and for HRD at least 3 must be selected from 11-16.
1. Human resources management in context (7HRC) – exam module, exploring the internal and external business context and the response of organisations’ leaders to environmental constraints
2. Leading managing and developing people (7LMP) – exam module, exploring contemporary research, theory and practice relating to leadership, flexibility and change management
3. Developing skills for business leadership (7SBL) – develops a sense of self-awareness, uses theories/models to explore personal strengths and weaknesses as a manager and colleague
4. Investigating a business issue from an HR perspective (7IBI) – empirical investigation, critical evaluation and analysis though a combination of academic research and business report writing
5. Resourcing and talent management (7RTM) – the major features of employment markets, resourcing and talent management strategies, legal, ethical and professional practice
6. Performance management (7PFM) – the role of performance management in supporting strategic objectives and critical evaluation of the effectiveness of performance management
7. Reward management (7RWM) – plan, implement and evaluate reward policies and practices to support strategic goals and the strengths and limitations of different approaches
8. Managing employment relations (7MER) – evaluation of ER strategies and their outcomes and the importance of processes that support organisational performance and mitigate risk
9. Employment law (7ELW) – current and future developments in employment law, and the practical application of the key principles that underpin UK and EU employment law
10. Employee engagement (7EEG) – the concept of engagement and the research-base and philosophical connections between engagement, leadership and management practice
11. Leadership and management development (7LMD) – leadership and management within a range of organisational contexts and the development of strategies at all levels
12. Organisation design and organisation development (7ODD) – shaping an organisation to maximise effectiveness and sustain performance through the involvement of its people
13. Learning and talent development (7LTD) – the potential and limitations of learning and talent development policies and strategies for formulating and achieving objectives at different levels
14. Designing, delivering and evaluating L&D provision (7DDE) – the role and influence of a range of contextual factors on the design, delivery and evaluation of L&D plans and interventions
15. Knowledge management and organisational learning (7KML) – understanding the impact of these concepts and implementing organisational learning and knowledge strategies
16. Understanding and implementing coaching and mentoring (7ICM) – the development of skills to design, apply and practise coaching and mentoring programmes in organisations
WHO | HOW | WHAT | WHEN
Deciding to study for a CIPD qualification is an important step to take. Determining which qualification is best for your career is only one aspect of the decision making process. Which study option, how long it will take and what’s included in the cost are all key factors which will influence your choice of qualification provider.
So, to help your research, here are some of our most frequently asked questions. We hope our answers will convince you that Watson Martin is the right choice to get you CIPD qualified!
What study options do you offer?
We provide a variety of study routes for all three levels of CIPD qualifications:
- Workshops – classroom based programmes, based in central London locations
- Online – using learning materials via the VLE
- Fast track – live interactive webinar based learning
When can I start?
Every month! You can start your programme any month that suits you, and your programme will start with a live Induction webinar. Workshop based programmes have scheduled dates throughout the year and candidates have the option to hop on when convenient.
Can I pay in instalments?
Yes, we offer up to 12 monthly interest free instalments for any candidates who are paying for their qualification themselves.
When and where are the workshops held?
Our workshops are held at training rooms in central London, normally in Victoria or the City, between Monday and Friday from 9.30am to around 5pm. Lunch is provided.
How do I enrol?
It couldn’t be easier. Simply click on this link, complete the form and as soon as payment has been received, you will be ready to start your learning journey!
What materials do you provide?
All candidates receive a handbook and induction at the start of their programme detailing what’s involved. Downloadable workbooks are available for most of the modules. Once candidates have joined a programme, they will have access to the extensive resources on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). In addition, CIPD members and student members save 20% on text books and some other materials.
What other support is provided?
All candidates receive one-to-one support from an expert CIPD qualified adviser during normal office hours throughout the duration of their programme. Our extensive library of learning materials is available 24/7 via the VLE.
Need to Speak to Someone
CALL 020 7932 2760 to speak to one of our friendly advisers, or to make a quick enquiry call us now.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form below. Office hours applies.
We promise never to share your information or spam you. You can opt out at any time.