*self funders only
Purpose and aim of module
The performance management module provides learners with the knowledge and understanding of the role of performance management in supporting the strategic objectives of the organisation in different business environments; how the performance of people can be enhanced and inspired by leadership and direction and how it contributes to high-performance work organisations.
The module examines the design of performance management systems that aim to transform organisational objectives and performance outcomes and identifies the knowledge and skills needed for effective performance review processes that are fair, ethical and improve people performance in modern organisations. It will equip learners with the necessary skills and a critical understanding of the performance review process that combines challenge and support and places a focus on personal, team and organisational learning and accountability. Furthermore, it recognises the importance of communication skills in the performance review process and evaluates the need for employee involvement as well as transparent, ethical and justifiable rewards for performance. The module requires learners to reflect critically on theory and practice from an ethical and professional standpoint and provides opportunities for applied learning and continuous professional development.
This module is suitable for persons who:
- have responsibility for human resource (HR) decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role who are seeking to enhance and develop their career
- have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are independent or employed consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals
- have HR career and CIPD professional membership aspirations.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to:
- Systematically decide and communicate strategic performance aims, objectives, priorities and targets.
- Plan effective performance management policies and practices to improve organisational and employee performance.
- Devise and sustain arguments for using appropriate performance management techniques, rewards and sanctions to improve performance.
- Demonstrate the communication skills required when managing achievement and underachievement.
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of performance management.
How is This Course Delivered?
This course is delivered in a number of ways. Our mixed-mode approach offers true flexibility giving you the opportunity to choose where, when and how you learn. For example, you could attend a 1-day workshop that is delivered in central London. Alternatively you can work directly with one of our advisers as they support your development with one-to-one guidance tailored to your individual learning needs. Candidates will also have access to materials and resources on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
How is This Course Assessed?
We are also flexible in the way we assess you. You can either complete an assignment or use one of work-based evidence templates.