CIPD Advanced Award – Learning and Talent Development (7LTD)
*self funders only
Purpose and aim of module
Learning and development and its central contribution to talent management is recognised and acknowledged to be a significant lever in achieving economic, social and cultural aspirations, ambitions and objectives of governments, work organisations and individuals. Perhaps less recognised, but of equal importance, is the potential role of learning and development in formulating and agreeing aspirations, ambitions and objectives.
The contribution of learning and talent development to both formulating and achieving objectives forms a core rationale and component of this module. So too does the contextual nature of notions of talent and their connections with national and organisational policy and strategies intended to promote similarly contextual notions of success. This module will develop a critical understanding of the potential and limitations of the contribution of learning and talent development policies and strategies to formulating and achieving objectives at national, organisational, group and individual levels and will enable the development of intellectual, social, professional and personal skills to perform effectively in associated professional roles.
The module requires learners to reflect critically on theory and practice from an ethical and professional standpoint, explores the implications for professional practice and provides opportunities for applied learning and continuous professional development.
This module is suitable for persons who:
- have responsibility for human resource (HR) decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role who are seeking to enhance and develop their career
- have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are independent or employed consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals
- have HR career and CIPD professional membership aspirations.
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Critically analyse and evaluate the formulation and implementation of processes of learning and talent development strategies for defining and achieving current and future effectiveness at national, organisational, group and individual levels.
- Critically evaluate the potential and appropriateness of a range of learning and talent development strategies, policies and methods with reference to relevant contextual factors.
- Lead the initiation, development and implementation of learning and talent development strategies, interventions and activities.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with key internal and external partners and stakeholders to diagnose and manage learning and talent development response to problems and issues and ensure clarity of role and contribution to agreed responses.
- Critically assess the role and influence the politics of learning and talent development policy and practice in a range of contexts.
- Act ethically and professionally with a demonstrated commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity in learning and talent development and to continuous personal and professional development.
How is This Course Delivered?
You will work directly with one of our advisers as they support your development with one-to-one guidance tailored to your individual learning needs. Candidates will also have access to materials and resources on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
How is This Course Assessed?
We are also flexible in the way we assess you. You can either complete an assignment or use one of work-based evidence templates.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.