*self funders only
This examined module can be delivered as a standalone award or as part of the Level 7 Advanced Qualification in HR. This Advanced Level Award aims to provide you with a robust framework of knowledge and understanding concerning people management and development that will be required of HR/L&D practitioners. You will cover a range of topics including, current thinking in HRM/D, flexibility, diversity, leadership, engagement, managing performance and professionalism amongst others.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is suitable for those who:
- have responsibility for human resource (HR) decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role who are seeking to enhance and develop their career
- have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are independent or employed consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals
It is a requirement for individuals wishing to obtain the CIPD Advanced Diploma Qualification.
There are prerequisites for this course and prior to signing up we can arrange for an adviser to discuss your requirements and experience with you to ensure that you are enrolled onto the most suitable programme.
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Review and critically evaluate major contemporary research and debates in the fields of human resource management (HRM) and human resource development (HRD).
- Evaluate major theories relating to motivation, commitment and engagement at work and how these are put into practice by organisations.
- Debate and critically evaluate the characteristics of effective leadership and the methods used to develop leaders in organisations.
- Contribute to the promotion of flexible working and effective change management in organisations.
- Critically discuss the aims and objectives of the HRM and HRD function in organisations and how these are met in practice.
- Assess the contribution made by HRM and HRD specialists in different types of organisation.
- Promote professionalism and an ethical approach to HRM and HRD practice in organisations.
How is This Course Delivered?
We run two 1-day workshops to support candidates who are taking exam modules. The first is an ‘introduction to content’. It is held between 10 and 12 weeks prior to the exam and provides a structured introduction to relevant content within each learning outcome. The second is focused on exam preparation. It provides an opportunity to discuss the pre-seen case study at length and for completing practice questions under time pressure.
You will also work directly with one of our advisers who will provide you with one-to-one guidance tailored to your individual learning needs. Candidates will also have access to materials and resources on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
How is This Course Assessed?
Candidates are required to sit an exam in order to pass this module. The exams are always in two parts. Part A contains questions relating to a pre-seen case study, which is issued to you approximately 4 weeks prior to the exam. Part B contains questions relating to those learning outcomes not covered in Part A.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.