*self funders only
Purpose and aim of module
The focus of this module is on the development of leadership and management in facilitating organisational, team and individual change and growth. There is recognition of differing approaches and interpretations of the concepts of leadership and management within a range of organisational contexts including public, private, not-for-profit, large, small, national, international and multicultural organisations.
This module encompasses the development of leadership and management at all levels ranging from first line to senior managers and draws on the established body of knowledge and theory in both leadership and management and learning and development, in addition to the growing body of specialist knowledge in leadership and management development. The module will enable learners to develop a critical understanding of the complexities and contested nature of leadership and management and the contextual opportunities for development. It will enable learners to develop a range of personal and professional skills associated with the development of leadership and management strategies to facilitate organisational development and change.
The module requires learners to reflect critically on theory and practice from an ethical and professional standpoint and provides opportunities for applied learning and continuous professional development.
This module is suitable for persons who:
- have responsibility for human resource (HR) decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role who are seeking to enhance and develop their career
- have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are independent or employed consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals
- have HR career and CIPD professional membership aspirations.
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Explain and critically analyse the concepts of leadership and management and their application in an organisational, social, environmental and multicultural context.
- Evaluate, select and apply a range of approaches to identifying leadership and management development needs in differing organisational contexts.
- Critically analyse and evaluate approaches to the formulation and implementation of leadership and management development strategies to meet current and future organisational needs.
- Design, critically evaluate and advise on a range of leadership and management development interventions to implement leadership and management development strategies and plans.
- Work collaboratively, ethically and effectively to support a partnership approach to leadership and management development.
- Explain and evaluate the role of leadership and management development in enhancing and developing organisational competence.
- Critically assess and evaluate approaches to the development of leadership and management in international and global contexts.
- Act ethically and professionally with a demonstrated commitment to leadership and management development and to continuous personal and professional development.
How is This Course Delivered?
You will work directly with one of our advisers as they support your development with one-to-one guidance tailored to your individual learning needs. Candidates will also have access to materials and resources on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
How is This Course Assessed?
We are also flexible in the way we assess you. You can either complete an assignment or use one of work-based evidence templates.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.