*self funders only
Purpose and aim of module
Key elements of professional competence are strategic awareness, a business orientation and a concern with adding value through human resource (HR) practice. Qualified professionals should be able to research relevant topics and write reports that can persuade key stakeholders in the organisation to change or adopt a particular policy and practice. This module provides the opportunity for learners to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and investigate a live, complex business issue from an HR perspective, to locate the work within the body of contemporary knowledge, to collect and analyse data, to derive supportable conclusions and to make practical and actionable recommendations for change, improvement or enhancement of current practice. The applied nature of the report requires a critical evaluative approach, empirical investigation and analysis and a combination of academic research and business report writing skills. It requires reflection on the implications for professional practice from an ethical, professional and continuous professional development standpoint.
This module is suitable for persons who:
- have responsibility for HR decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role who are seeking to enhance and develop their career
- have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are independent consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals
- have HR career and CIPD professional membership aspirations.
On completion of this module, learners will be able to:
- Identify and justify a business issue that is of strategic relevance to the organisation.
- Critically analyse and discuss existing literature, contemporary HR policy and practice relevant to the chosen issue.
- Compare and contrast the relative merits of different research methods and their relevance to different situations.
- Undertake a systematic analysis of quantitative and/or qualitative information and present the results in a clear and consistent format.
- Draw realistic and appropriate conclusions and make recommendations based on costed options.
- Develop and present a persuasive business report.
- Write a reflective account of what has been learned during the project and how this can be applied in the future.
How is This Course Delivered?
This course is delivered in a number of ways. Our mixed-mode approach offers true flexibility giving you the opportunity to choose where, when and how you learn. For example, you could attend a ½ day workshop that is delivered in central London. Alternatively you can work directly with one of our advisers as they support your development with one-to-one guidance tailored to your individual learning needs. Candidates will also have access to materials and resources on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
How is This Course Assessed?
To achieve this module you will submit a mixed mode work based template with supporting business report(s) or a traditional 7,000 word dissertation assignment.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.