CIPD Advanced Award – Developing Skills for Business Leadership (7SBL)
*self funders only
Purpose and aim of module
Successful HR professionals have different approaches to their work, sharing a range of diverse personality traits, attributes and beliefs. These underpin skills proficiency, but cannot in themselves be described as ‘skills’. Yet often they are central determinants of an individual manager’s effectiveness and are developed consciously over time and with an awareness of differing cultural contexts and operating environments. A key purpose of this module is thus to encourage learners to develop a strong sense of self-awareness and of their own strengths and weaknesses as managers and colleagues. The module is primarily concerned with the development of skills, and specifically seeks to develop and improve a range of definable skills that are pivotal to successful management practice and to effective leadership. These include thinking and decision-making skills, the management of financial information, managing budgets, a range of team working and interpersonal skills and others associated with developing personal effectiveness and credibility at work. The module also seeks to develop further more-specialised skills that are of particular significance to effective higher-level people management and provides opportunities for applied learning and continuous professional development. Finally, the module seeks to help learners make the most of their formal programmes of study with the inclusion of key postgraduate study skills and requires critical reflection on theory and practice from an ethical and professional standpoint.
This module is suitable for persons who:
- have responsibility for human resource (HR) decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical or more strategic level
- are HR professionals in a team or HR functional management role who are seeking to enhance and develop their career
- have responsibilities for the HR function and activities within an organisation without a specialist function
- are independent or employed consultants who support organisations in meeting their goals
- have HR career and CIPD professional membership aspirations.
On completion of this module learners will be able to:
- Manage themselves more effectively at work or in another professional context.
- Manage interpersonal relationships at work more effectively.
- Make sound and justifiable decisions and solve problems more effectively.
- Lead and influence others more effectively.
- Interpret financial information and manage financial resources.
- Demonstrate enhanced IT proficiency.
- Demonstrate an essential people management skill-set.
- Demonstrate competence in postgraduate study skills.
How is This Course Delivered?
You will work directly with one of our advisers as they support your development with one-to-one guidance tailored to your individual learning needs. Candidates will also have access to materials and resources on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
How is This Course Assessed?
You will complete a work-based evidence template.
CALL 020 7932 2760
to speak to one of our friendly advisers,
or to make a quick enquiry.
Alternatively, leave us your contact number if you would prefer for us to get in touch using the form to the right. Office hours applies.