Strategic Commercial Awareness
Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Develop financial understanding and business analysis skills that will let you chart the way forward in business.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
Managers from all fields who want to develop their commercial awareness, financial knowledge and strategic thinking in order to influence the direction of their business as well as deliver to their full potential.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
The course provides the strategic thinking tools required to plot the forward course needed to maximise the potential of the business. It considers the skills and insights to make sense of the company’s financial position and performance. It makes the link between vision, mission, strategy and commercial awareness so that delegates gain a practical understanding of how they can make a difference to the organisation in which they work.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- the awareness to define a commercial strategy through strategic awareness
- the ability to create and articulate vision and mission statements
- tools and models to support commercial awareness
- the knowledge to prepare meaningful financial plans and budgets
- the knowledge to improve financial control and profitability using cost analysis techniques
- the methodology to create realistic and achievable capital investment appraisals
- the ability to calculate and interpret key financial ratios
- the confidence to ask the ‘right’ questions
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Defining strategy and commercial awareness
- Vision and mission statements
- Strategic analysis
- Creating a strategy
- Financial reporting
- Financial planning
- Financial management and analysis
- Investment appraisal