Report Writing For Business
Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Create compelling and persuasive documents that adhere to business standards with our Report Writing for Business course.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
If you are responsible for writing or disseminating business reports to internal or external customers, this business Report Writing course will enhance your proficiency in facilitating their understanding.
This training course will also provide value to anyone who writes in order to persuade or influence in business, and for those who need to write more concisely.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Our Report Writing course will give you the tools required to write in an appropriate style for business reporting. You will learn techniques and structures to write convincingly and credibly, researching the purpose of the report and your audience to tailor your writing to their needs.
Throughout the course, theoretical concepts will be backed up by practical exercises that help to develop your business writing skills and test your understanding of the material.
You will be asked to bring along examples of your own written work to review, edit and analyse with the trainer on the day.
This course can also be taken as part of our CMI Level 4 Certificate in Management. You can achieve a Level 4 Award in Management by completing a written assessment after this course. Call us to find out more.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will learn how to:
- understand different report formats – when and why they are necessary
- form clear and logical structures to enforce the message you want to communicate
- use practical tools to persuade and influence your reader
- use accepted report structures and ways to apply them
- have the confidence to separate facts from fiction and write concisely
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Plan your report – ask why, what, who, when, how
- Implement the plan – define the aims of the report, learn accepted report structures
- Produce the report – assimilate material from different sources and organise into a logical sequence, isolate fact from fiction
- Use visuals, appendices, indexes and bibliographies to enhance your report
- Develop an appropriate and effective writing style – learn the tools of the trade to convince your reader
- Undertake practical exercises to test your knowledge throughout the course