Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Our Powerful Presentations course is an interactive, two day workshop that will teach you how to present persuasively and confidently.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
Delivering a presentation is something we all have to do at some point in our working lives. This course has been designed to help those who dread standing up in front of an audience as it will teach them the skills they need to deliver a powerful presentation in a practical, safe environment. It will also help those that present regularly to clients or colleagues to improve their skills and deliver clear, structured and powerful presentations.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
A presentation can have many pitfalls and a lot of people feel very anxious delivering them. Even if you’re a confident presenter, there are lots of things to consider when you want to make the best possible impression with your presentation.
This course offers public speaking training, showing you how to overcome your presentation worries and deliver a powerful presentation that has real impact. You will learn to see the subject from the audience’s perspective and structure content for clarity and memory retention.
Practical exercises throughout the course will help you make real progress and see immediate results, whilst small groups enable individual coaching and insightful, supportive feedback.
This course can also be taken as part of the Institute of Sales & Marketing Management Level 3 Certificate in Sales and Marketing.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
What will I get out of this course?
- Recordings of all your practice presentations, so you can analyse how to improve and see how you’ve progressed
- Genuine confidence and self belief in your public speaking skills
- A clear purpose in your presentation, and a structure focused on the desired outcome
- A checklist to help you prepare well, even with limited time
- The ability to attract and maintain audience interest
- Skills to handle notes and prompt cards whilst keeping your audience engaged
- The opportunity to evaluate others’ presenting and learn from their performance
- Control of your body language and your nerves
- Control of your speech and improved awareness of your vocal capacity
- Practice and application of the entire course content throughout the two days, to build both your competence and your confidence
- A blended learning experience allowing you to continue to develop skills back at work
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
Planning and preparation
- Three key factors that can make anyone a successful presenter
- The importance of identifying a clear objective
- Structuring your presentation with the end result in mind
- Selecting material for quality not quantity
- What holds an audience’s attention and what sends them to sleep
- Use of notes and prompt cards
- The antidotes for pre delivery nerves
Structuring the talk
- Introductions with impact
- Creating clear benefits for your audience
- Structuring your content clearly
- Headlines, body and summary
- Using persuasive language
- Use of pauses and silence
- Closing the presentation memorably
- Standing and gesturing to look confident and credible
- Vocal skills to give authority and projection to the voice
- The latest paralinguistic techniques
- Pausing and emphasis to add impact
- Question and answer sessions: Handling them concisely
- Tips on using visual aids effectively
- Practice sessions: with video feedback
This course is a blended learning experience, allowing you to continue to develop your skills back at work. As part of the course you will receive the following eFresher (eLearning) modules and MP3s:
- Planning a Successful Presentation
- Deliver with Impact
- Dealing with Nerves
- Effective Communication
- Dealing with Nerves
- Engaging an Audience
- The Art of Being Assertive
- Thinking on Your Feet