Persuading and Influencing People
Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Learn how to effectively use the power of persuasion and develop useful influencing techniques to win people over with this course in persuading and influencing.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is for anyone who needs to build relationships within their organisation in order to get colleagues on side. It is also aimed at those in sales or account management positions who are dealing with difficult customers or situations and who could use persuasion and influencing techniques to turn the situation around.
Due to the breadth of the topic, this course would suit delegates from almost any internal position, but it would be suited to individuals who are in client-facing roles.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
This course is designed to teach you how to use influencing skills and the power of persuasion to help bring people around to your way of thinking, reducing resistance to new ideas and overcoming conflict.
During this course, you will learn how to build rapport more easily using appropriate communication styles. You will also be able to practise techniques for dealing with difficult situations.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
What will I get out of this course?
- Increased confidence and practise handling different people and situations
- An understanding of how to adapt your communication style
- Insights into emotional intelligence and how to build allies
- Planning and practising strategies to state your case convincingly
- Improved questioning and listening skills
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- The characteristics of a successful persuader
- The secrets of self-belief and courage
- Moving from a push to pull style of persuasion
- Understanding the psychology of persuasion in a practical way
Preparing to persuade
- Learn to build trust through seeing other people’s perspectives
- The importance of non-verbal communication
Explore what others want
- Effective questioning techniques
- Realise the values and motivations of others
- Hone your listening skills and overcome barriers to active listening
- Choose from a range of communication styles depending upon the situation
- Learn to respond, rather than react
- Select one of the six levels of assertiveness, without compromising the values of others
- Apply a practical six-step Influence Model
State your case persuasively
- Adopt strategies that work for you
- State your case assertively and convincingly, in both groups and one-on-one situations
This course is a blended learning experience, allowing you to continue to develop your skills back at work. As part of the course you will receive the following eFresher (eLearning) modules and MP3s:
- The Art of Communication
- Stating Your Case Persuasively
- Overcoming Resistance and Conflict
- Building Relationships
- Effective Communication
- How to be Liked and Respected