Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
This course offers expert negotiation skills training, facilitating development towards becoming a successful negotiator.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
This negotiation skills course is aimed at anyone who is new to negotiation or is looking to develop their core negotiation skills through interaction and training.
By attending this course, you will learn that negotiations aren’t just restricted to purchasing and selling. With today’s work environment becoming even more dynamic, almost anyone within an organisation may find themselves negotiating without even realising it.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
This one-day negotiation skills workshop examines the fundamentals of successful negotiation and will equip you with the tools and techniques you need to negotiate with confidence. It will explore how to prepare and carry out sincere and effective negotiations to achieve an outcome that benefits all parties.
This course can also be taken as part of the CMI Modular Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management.
If you work in a sales or purchasing role, you should view our Negotiation Skills for Sales People course. This is a more specialist course, designed to give negotiation skills training to those in a selling role.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- an understanding of what negotiation is (and what it isn’t)
- the ability to achieve win/win outcomes every time
- a strategy for successful negotiation based on careful planning
- improved face-to-face communication and rapport building skills
- tried and tested questioning techniques to establish trades and build flexibility
- tactics that ensure you will always trade and never concede
- the opportunity to practise new skills in a safe environment
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Defining what constitutes effective negotiation
- The traits of a successful negotiator
- Preparing to negotiate – establishing your boundaries in advance
- Creating a constructive environment
- Understanding the importance of non-verbal communication to build rapport
- Questioning techniques to control the negotiation
- How to trade not concede
- Dealing with emotion and deadlock
- Exercises to put these principles into practice
- Individual action planning to transfer your learning back to the workplace