Managing Difficult And Demanding Customers
Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Transform customers with unreasonable expectations into lifelong allies in this course.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
Our Managing Difficult And Demanding Customers course is for anyone who has to maintain professional customer service when dealing with difficult customers, either face-to-face or on the phone.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
This course gives front-line personnel the skills to react calmly and positively with difficult customers. It offers an understanding of the causes of difficult behaviours and effective techniques to diffuse them. Delegates will learn how to distance themselves from any personal remarks and respond professionally without entering into arguments. Please note: this course covers verbal aggression only – not physical aggression or violence.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- a greater understanding of what causes customers to be demanding or difficult
- the personal skills to stop taking things personally or becoming emotional
- recognition of the best way to manage your responses, engaging “the professional brain”
- strategies for handling different types of difficult situations
- an ability to stand your ground when unable to say “yes”
- confidence and guidelines for dealing with unacceptable behaviour
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Different communication channels and their effect
- Engaging the ‘professional brain’ instead of the emotional, reactive brain
- Managing difficult situations using a variety of frameworks
- Learning how to say ‘no’ when you can’t say ‘yes’
- How to give unwelcome news
- How to handle criticism, put-downs, arrogance, persistence or patronising behaviours
- Professional guidelines for handling extreme and unacceptable behaviours