Leading Remote and Virtual Teams
Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
New or experienced managers who now find themselves in a position where they are managing their team remotely or virtually will find this training course very valuable, as it will help them adapt to their new situation.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Leading teams from a distance requires a robust set of tools and techniques to coach, motivate and communicate to achieve effective performance. Building engagement from a distance presents a unique set of challenges, but it can lead to increased productivity as well as a more motivated, flexible and adaptable workforce.
This course will teach you core skills so that you are more comfortable managing remote employees and you can make them feel like valued members of any team.
This course can also be taken as part of the CMI Level 4 Certificate in Management. You can achieve a Level 4 Award in Management by completing a written assessment after this course. Call us to find out more.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will learn:
- confidence to employ the key competencies of remote leadership
- best practice for building and maintaining trust and connectivity
- how to use a combination of methods to support remote working
- techniques to maximise performance and results from remote workers
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
Meeting the challenges of remote leadership
- Applying the seven competencies of remote leadership
- Benchmarking against the REACH model of effective leadership practices
- Managing boundaries
- Accounting for time, space and culture differences
Creating a sense of belonging
- Appealing to the six needs of employees
- Building and maintaining trust
- Creating a team spirit
- Coaching from a distance
- Supporting and developing teams from afar
- Communicating using technology
Running a remote experience
- The opportunity to facilitate and participate in a remote team meeting