Essential Business Writing Skills
Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Develop your written communication skills and learn how to apply these to professional communications with our business writing training course.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
The Essential Business Writing Skills course develops your written communication skills whilst also teaching you how to apply these skills to professional communication.
Attending this course will help you to refine your writing skills in general and increase your confidence in producing various formats of professional written communication, including letters and emails.
Essential Business Writing skills includes practical exercises on drafting and composing written correspondence, ensuring that you learn the correct utilisation of punctuation and grammatically correct techniques around conveying content and structure. The course also addresses the business etiquette applicable to the varying forms of business correspondence.
Attendees will leave this one day course fully armed with the complete toolkit to write effective business communications with confidence.
Delegates will be asked to bring along examples of their written work to review, edit and analyse during the course with the trainer.
- Identify your objective clearly and meet it
- Plan the content to effectively convey your message
- Using correct grammar and punctuation
- Email etiquette
- Standard letter layout
The course is designed to be engaging and interactive and is held in smaller groups to ensure that you each get the individual attention required whilst also being able to focus on the topics most specific to you.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The essential writing skills gained by this course can be utilised by anyone in any job role or industry. If you are a PA or Administrator, this will further enhance your existing writing skills and allow you to confidently draft and edit professional documentation in various formats.
Essential Business Writing Skills will teach you a range of transferrable skills that can be utilised in any job role.
There are no pre-required requisites to attend this course.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will learn:
- skills to make the documents you write stand out from the crowd
- confidence to structure an argument to achieve your desired outcome
- ways to plan your message to get your point across most effectively
- how to have confidence in your own written work
- save time through a structured approach to document planning and creation
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Identify your objective and write to meet it
- Keep it short and simple: the key to success
- Structure your letters effectively
- Plan the content to get your message across clearly
- Learn standard letter layout
- Practise your skills by writing drafts and undertaking practical exercises
- The essential building blocks of a sentence
- Using correct punctuation
- Email etiquette – hitting the right tone