Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Explore the best ways to improve the way you communicate and discover the most effective way to master your message and get your point across, from everyday conversation to workplace tasks like delivering presentations.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
Effective Communication is a course that is suitable for anyone looking to enhance their interpersonal relationships. By attending this course, you will learn to communicate in an effective manner through using the DiSC® assessment.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Communication is the art of being understood and of understanding others. This particular communication course looks at all elements of communication from planning, through to adapting your style and presenting a positive image, ensuring that you are utilising these elements effectively.
Guided by an expert facilitator, learners on this training programme will discover the core skills that underpin best practice communication. Everyone attending will learn how to make sure that they present a clear, coherent and positive message both verbally and non-verbally.
The course uses the DiSC® profile, a model of four different behavioural styles, to help you understand why you communicate the way you do. It also addresses how to adapt communication to different people and contexts.
This course uses the DiSC® assessment to analyse communication styles. DiSC® is a leading personal assessment tool, used by thousands of organisations worldwide. It provides a robust, non-judgmental framework for exploring different behavioural styles. In the context of this programme, it provides a powerful, structured way for learners to understand how they communicate and how their style interacts with others.
Every learner who attends the course will be required to complete their DiSC®assessment before attending, and the profile generated will be used to inform the learning on the day.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- An assessment of your own communication style using DiSC®
- The ability to manage your style and the impact of your message
- The skills to communicate clearly and confidently
- Improved workplace relationships and a greater personal profile
- Persuasion and influencing skills to get yourself heard
- A blended learning experience
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- The essentials of successful communication – practice, planning, positive thinking
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to communication
- Discovering your preferred communication style through the DiSC® assessment
- Understanding your preferred style; its strengths and drawbacks and working with them
- Adapting your style to increase your communication success
- Analysing the impact of body language and tone on your message
- Implementing the LISTEN model to increase rapport building
- Using the ACE model for planning and delivering a message effectively
- Applying the PROOF model to make a compelling and persuasive case
- Asserting yourself using the ESP technique
This course is a blended learning experience, allowing you to continue to develop your skills back at work. As part of the course you will receive the following eFresher (eLearning) modules and MP3s:
- The Art of Communication
- Stating Your Case Persuasively
- Overcoming Resistance and Conflict
- Building Relationships
- Effective Communication
- Listen Up