CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership
Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
Watson Martins Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership is designed for experienced managers who are looking to take the next step in their career and provide inspirational leadership.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
The Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership gives managers the opportunity to enhance the personal and technical skills necessary for successful high-level management. This nationally-recognised qualification is accredited by the UK’s leading management body, the Chartered Management Institute. It gives delegates expert guidance on contemporary management issues from experienced facilitators. Delegates will leave with a wealth of knowledge and a qualification that proves they have the skills necessary to drive business success.
This qualification is delivered as an in-company programme at a location of your choice. Call us to find out more.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
What will I get out of it?
- A recognised Level 5 management qualification from the Chartered Management Institute
- Student membership of the Chartered Management Institute for two years
- Full learning support and all course materials
- A blended learning experience allowing you to continue to develop your skills in the workplace
What are the benefits for my organisation?
- Demonstrable investment in staff development will improve morale and staff retention
- Qualified managers will drive improved performance
- Understanding of best practice management will improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Access to additional resources will allow knowledge to be championed and spread throughout the organisation
- Membership of a professional body provides valuable networking and external contact opportunities
- Flexible module choice allows managers to get qualified with skills that are genuinely relevant to their everyday role
Whilst studying towards these qualifications, you’ll be a registered student member of the CMI, and as such will have access to all of the valuable benefits this entitles you to, including:
- access to a wide range of online resources, news and research to assist you in consolidating your learning
- free legal helpline for practical advice on specific issues
- subscription to Professional Manager Magazine, published six times a year
- discount rates on member events and conventions for information and networking
- access to the CMI library of management publications
- interactive online Continuing Professional Development system to plan and monitor your ongoing learning
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
Delegates completing the qualification can choose from a selection of our courses. The core module, Management Excellence, is taken by all delegates. It focuses on leadership and strategic awareness. You can then choose from a selection of specialist modules focused on the technical skills most relevant to their role.
Each module is delivered via instructor-led training and supported independent study.
Enhance your leadership ability and commercial acumen with:
- Management Excellence (2 days)
Choose any two courses from the list below:
- Managing Successful Projects* (2 days)
- Managing Difficult People* (2 days)
- Strategic Marketing Planning* (2 days)
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers* (2 days)
*You can achieve a Level 5 Award in management and leadership by completing a written assessment after any course marked with an asterisk. Call us to find out more.
Each Specialist Module is followed by a written assignment. The assessments are a mix of theory and practice that encourage candidates to relate the relevant module to their own experiences at work.
A total of two written assignments must be successfully completed to receive the qualification. All assessment and administration fees are included in the total cost of the programme. All assessments are submitted electronically.
What does Accreditation mean?
This qualification is mapped to the government’s Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). The QCF is the framework for creating and accrediting qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The QCF maps vocational learning to equivalent academic qualifications. It defines a set of performance criteria for building qualifications defined by Sector Skills Councils, industry bodies and the official regulator, Ofqual. Government-recognised awarding bodies such as the Chartered Management Institute then create assessments based on these criteria.
QCF-mapped qualifications are recognised by the government and any employer in the UK. They’re the best possible way to show what you know.
Who delivers the qualification?
Our CMI qualifications are integrated with our courses and delivered by expert facilitators from our Associate Group. Entrance to this Group is thoroughly assessed via our training competency framework, and we encourage all members to continuously improve their professional skills to make sure all delegates receive the highest standard of delivery. In addition, all facilitators who deliver CMI-accredited qualifications must have their knowledge, qualifications and expertise separately assessed by the Institute, so you can be sure that the training you receive is of the highest standard.