Advanced Communication Skills
Whether you are looking to improve the effectiveness of teams or boost the management skills of individuals, our in-company training provides the ideal cost effective and stress free solution. We can deliver tailored programmes incorporating company data and case studies, or more holistic, bespoke training designed around your organisational needs when and where you want. Delivered for you by industry experts, our in-house courses and qualifications are guaranteed to keep people motivated and improve your organisation’s performance.
Improve business relationships by learning to fine-tune your communication style on this advanced communications course.
Reasons to choose Watson Martin
- Our courses are designed to be engaging, interactive and have real impact back in the workplace
- You can measure how much the learning has benefited you – our open courses include online pre, post and eight-week follow up evaluation
- Full course materials are included as standard and you will have online access to a reference manual and course slides
About the Course
WHO IS IT FOR?
This Advanced Communication Skills course is suitable for anyone who is responsible for building and managing influential relationships. It is particularly appropriate for individuals who are in a position where polished communication and interpersonal skills really count.
Ideally delegates will approach this course with some theoretical or practical understanding of interpersonal communication.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
The way you interact with others can be the key to your workplace success. Whether communicating under pressure, managing challenging relationships or looking to build lasting rapport, your style and interpersonal competence can make or break your chances of achieving your objectives. This course teaches you how to capitalise on your existing skills, fine-tune your approach and build a strategy for communication with real impact.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- the skills to develop your communication style to increase rapport with others
- a relationship management strategy with your key stakeholders
- a range of different thinking styles to be more persuasive and assertive
- questioning techniques to ensure you achieve the best outcomes
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
Understanding communication excellence
- Exploring the skills necessary for communication excellence
- Rating your own skills and developing an improvement plan
- Creating a relationship management strategy
- Identifying and communicating with different styles and approaches
The art and science of influence
- Understanding and enhancing your body language
- Maximising your listening skills and overcoming any barriers
Mastering assertive communication
- Learning the six levels of assertive communication
- Identifying different thinking styles to be more assertive
Dealing with challenging situations
- Managing challenging relationships under pressure
- Using questioning techniques to uncover needs and identify issues
- Mapping your key stakeholders
- Personal action planning