Join The Team
Do you want to join a close knit team in a very successful business and work with a genuinely nice bunch of people? We are looking for individuals who have a true love for HR and learning, just like us! We believe there is nothing more satisfying than reaching the end of the day knowing you have helped someone develop new skills to build their future career.
At Watson Martin you will work alongside some of the most talented HR and L&D professionals in the business who all have real practical experience and a genuine interest in the development of others. You will have more than just a job, you will be making a positive difference to people’s lives.
What We Offer
We appreciate a healthy work-life balance makes a huge difference to job satisfaction and we do our best to help you ‘have it all’ – work, leisure, career and family. We offer a high degree of flexibility and will always try to accommodate your personal situation.
This flexibility along with a competitive salary, a company pension scheme, a generous holiday allowance and our soon to be refurbished Head Office in SW London, makes Watson Martin a great place to work.
So, if you are looking for a new position, one that delivers job satisfaction, is well rewarded and provides a career that transcends the daily grind, then we want to hear from you today!
Senior Finance Officer
SW London, permanent part-time 25-30 hours per week
£30,000 – £34,000 per annum (this is the full-time equivalent salary which will be pro-rated to hours worked – ideally 4 or 5 days per week, hours to be mutually agreed)
Do you want to join a close knit team in a very successful business and work with a genuinely nice bunch of people? We have an excellent opportunity for a part qualified/qualified by experience Senior Finance Officer to join our established training and qualifications business based in Raynes Park. As Senior Finance Officer you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the finance function, managing a small team. Reporting to the Directors, you will need to be a hands on manager and be keen to develop the finance team further as our business continues to grow and diversify.
Watson Martin is a market leading centre for all levels of CIPD professional qualifications, HR and L&D apprenticeships plus in-company soft skills training. We have accomplished this by offering the highest level of customer service and achieving outstanding success rates.
- Control of financial management accounting & reporting
- Profit & Loss, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet
- Analyse costs, sales results and the company’s actual performance
- Prepare monthly management accounts and financial reports
- Oversee all payments, including staff payroll, pensions and expenses
- Oversee the process for invoicing, ensuring their accuracy and timeliness and contribute to aged debt collection
- Filing of statutory accounts including year-end audit preparation and ensure all deadlines are met
- Submit HMRC, Companies House and VAT returns
- Manage the apprenticeships portal and monthly government returns
- Identify and implement system enhancements to improve efficiency
- Two years management and financial accounting experience
- Ideally CIMA/ACCA part-qualified
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems in particular Sage
- Ideally an understanding of apprenticeship funding arrangements and ESFA
- Strong IT skills with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent management reporting skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience of managing and motivating staff to maximise performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to think quickly and work under pressure of deadlines.
- Equivalent full-time salary £30k-£34k per annum (depending on experience)
- High levels of job satisfaction through contributing to the company achieving our goals
- An opportunity to input new ideas and improvements as the business further develops.
- A good degree of flexibility, self-management and discretion
- Being part of a close knit team in a successful and highly professional business
- 25 days holiday + statutory days